This is a pretty easy dinner idea that can be left to cook during the day. It was a huge hit with my family & they have already asked me to make it again!
Slow Cooker (Instant Pot) Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is one of the things my mom used to make for us growing up. It seemed to take her hours & hours to get it done. There is no denying, it was delicious, but let’s be realistic, what mom has time to slave away in the kitchen for hours on one meal? If I am stuck in the kitchen for hours, it had better be a holiday! I only used 4 ounces of mushrooms in this recipe because we are not a mushroom loving family, however, I do feel they are needed in a Beef Stroganoff recipe. Calories shown include 1/8 of the Stroganoff recipe & 1 serving of noodles.
- 1.5 tbsps olive oil
- 32 ounces beef round steak lean
- 4 ozs mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp flour white
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 tsps Knorr Beef Bouillon separated
- 4 ozs sour cream light
- 1 1 /2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 oz package of egg noodles cooked
- Cut the meat into thin strips & then into bite size pieces. That makes it easier for the kids to eat & I am not sitting there cutting their meat for them.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Season the meat with salt & pepper & the 1 tbsp of flour, mix well. Brown the sliced meat in batches, add the meat to the slow cooker or Instant Pot. Meanwhile, chop or slice the mushrooms & chop the onions.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil in the skillet & brown the mushrooms & onions.
- Once the onions & mushrooms are done, add them to the slow cooker or Instant Pot. Add 1 1/2 cup of water & 1 1/2 tsps of beef bouillon. Add in the Worcestershire sauce & mix well.
- Cook in the slow cooker or Instant Pot on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. Whisk the remaining 1/2 tsp of beef bouillon & 1/2 cup of water with the 2 tbsps of cornstarch. Pour over the meat & veggies & mix well. If you are using a slow cooker, leave it on High for another 30 minutes. If you are using an Instant Pot, press “saute” & let simmer for about 15 minutes. I have had really good luck thickening up broth using the saute feature.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Once the meat is done, stir in the sour cream until well blended & serve over the noodles. Enjoy!