This hearty soup is super yummy, low in calories & was a total hit with my family! They polished off the whole batch!
Chicken & Dumpling Soup
This delicious soup is a definite crowd pleaser & totally hits the spot on these cold winter days we are still having! Coming in at only 241 calories, it really can’t be beat!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 ounces carrots chopped
- 5 ounces onion chopped
- 5 ounces celery chopped
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 3 cans Chicken Broth 14.5 ounces
- 35 ounces raw chicken breast
- 2 tbsps flour white
- 1 cup flour white
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 tsps Knorr Chicken Boullon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the raw chicken breast, 4 tsps Knorr Chicken Bouillon & 4 cups of water to the instant pot. Set the Instant Pot on “Meat/Stew” for 30 minutes. Quick release or natural release depending on time.
- Chop the onions, celery & carrots. Add the oil to a large stockpot. Melt over medium heat & then add the chopped veggies & garlic. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the 2 tbsps of white flour and stir thoroughly. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot when done & shred with 2 forks. Reserve 2/3 of a cup of canned chicken broth & place in the fridge. Pour the broth from the Instant Pot & the canned broth into the stock pot. Add the shredded chicken.
- Bring the soup to a boil & continue cooking over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Nearing the end of the 20 minutes, mix the 1 cup flour & baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the chilled chicken broth & the egg yolk & mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & mix until moistened. Scoop scant teaspoons of the mixture & drop into the boiling soup.
- After all the dumplings have been added, lightly stir the soup to keep them from sticking. Cover & cook an additional 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!