I am not a huge fan of omelettes. Really of eggs in general. But I could eat this omelette every weekend! My husband makes them for us on weekends when he doesn’t have to work. I really think the trick is that he doesn’t add milk to the eggs (so they aren’t puffy) and then he mixes chopped onions into the eggs themselves. They are so tasty!
Ham & Cheese Omelette
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1/2 roma tomato chopped
- 3 ounces Smithfield Anytime Ham diced
- 1 piece Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese cut in 1/2
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- dash salt & pepper
- Whisk the 3 eggs together in a bowl with salt & pepper to taste. Chop the onion & add it to the eggs.
- Take a 10″ skillet & heat it over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the skillet. Meanwhile chop the ham & tomatoes. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Let sit for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped ham & sliced Swiss cheese to 1/2 the egg mixture.
- Top the ham & cheese with the diced tomatoes.
- Gently fold over & serve!