I seem to always have leftover bananas in the house. What a great use of bananas that no one wants to eat! And they are dairy free!
Dairy Free Strawberry Banana Bread
A new twist on banana bread – adding strawberries! It is also made dairy free by using Earth’s Balance Organic Buttery Spread in place of butter.
Servings: 12 slices
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup earth’s balance organic buttery spread softened
- 3-4 small very ripe bananas
- 5 ounces strawberries chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350. Chop strawberries, set aside. Next, mash bananas thoroughly
- Whisk flour, salt & baking soda together in a separate bowl
- Cream brown sugar & softened buttery spread in another bowl – I used my Kitchen-aid stand mixer. After it is well blended, add in the eggs and beat until blended
- Add the mashed bananas into the mixture & blend well. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the bowl and stir to moisten.
- Fold in the strawberries. Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray & pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.