What a heart meal for a cold winter day! The meat is so tender & flavorful & the gnocchi gives it a nice twist!
Beef Stew w/ Mini Gnocchi
This hearty beef stew will fill you up and warm you up all at the same time! Lots of vegetables and it slow simmers in the oven, so the meat is super tender. The mini potato gnocchi are the perfect touch and much easier than peeling and chopping potatoes!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cut into chunks
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps salt
- dash pepper
- 2 tbsps white flour
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 ozs baby carrots chopped
- 5 ozs celery chopped
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 4 tsps Knorr beef broth bouillon
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 package Archer Farms Mini Potato Gnocchi
- Preheat oven to 350.
Cut the beef into chunks, or use pre cut beef stew meat. Mix the salt & pepper & the the flour with the meat, so it is well coated. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a 5 quart pan or pot.
- Brown the beef in the pot. You may have to split it into 2 batches depending on the surface area of the pot you are using. You don’t want the pot to have too much beef in it – it won’t brown nicely. After the meat is browned, remove it & place it onto a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pot. Add the onions, carrots, celery & garlic to the pot & cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef back into the pot. Pour in the 6 cups of water. Add the 4 teaspoons of Knorr beef buillon, the oregano, basil & bay leaf. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid & place in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove from oven & stir in the package of Archer Farms Mini Potato Gnocchi & the frozen peas. Turn oven down to 300 and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, stir, serve & enjoy!