Chicken pot pie is the epitome of comfort food. It’s hot, bubbly, filled with juicy chicken & veggies in a tasty gravy. But it can also take a very long time to make, depending on how “homemade” you want to go with it. This recipe uses cooked chicken, frozen veggies, a can of soup & refrigerated pie crust to majorly cut down on the time spent prepping it, but the taste is still homemade! This recipe can easily be made on a weeknight!
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- 15 ozs cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 ozs potatoes peeled, chopped small
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring pie crusts to room temperature. Spray pie pan with nonstick cooking spray & line with bottom crust.
- Mix the chicken, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, potatoes & salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan, spread so it is even.
- Take the remaining pie crust and slice it with a pizza cutter into strips.
- Place strips on top of the filling to make a lattice design.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour until browned on top & mixture is bubbly.