I am a huge fan of any recipe that only gets one pot/pan dirty. This one accomplishes that & tastes amazing! I love that this uses some authentic Spanish seasoning to give it some amazing flavor. Sazon can be found in the in the spice aisles at your local supermarket. It is a great addition to soups, stews & meat dishes!
One Pot Chicken & Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ozs tomato sauce
- 1 envelope Goya Sazon
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 5 stalks green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tsps garlic minced
- 2 tsps chicken bouillon
- 6 ozs beer Optional – can sub chicken broth
- 2 pounds chicken breast chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2 cups long grain rice uncooked
- 3 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite size chunks, season with salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken & cook about 10 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the onion, tomato, green pepper, green onions & cilantro.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the pot. Heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil in the pot & then add the chopped veggies & garlic.
- Cook the veggies for about 5 minutes. Then add the tomato sauce, sazon, chicken bouillon, chicken & water. Bring to a boil & cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the uncooked rice to the pot & turn the heat to medium low. Continue cooking until you can see the rice through the liquid, then cover with a tight fitting lid, turn the heat to low & let cook 25-30 minutes. After that, turn offf the heat & allow to stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork & serve!