I love Chipotle, (who doesn’t?) it is one of my favorite places to eat! But eating there with a family of 6 can get a little on the pricey side, so I created our own burrito bowls at home! They come together super fast by using the rice & corn from Trader Joe’s. They were tasty & the toppings can be changed to suit any family’s tastes.
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp each cumin, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, adobo seasoning
- 1 large lime juice of
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bags Trader Joe’s Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Corn
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- 2 large avocados sliced
- Season the chicken breasts with the seasonings & lime juice. Let marinate in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet & heat over medium – high heat. Pan fry the chicken until browned & cooked through.
- Chop the cooked chicken into bite size pieces & then cover to keep warm.
- Cook the rice & corn according to package directions.
- Chop the tomatoes & slice the avocado.
- Divide rice, chicken, corn, tomatoes & avocado. Top with a squeeze of lime or chopped cilantro. Enjoy!