Great use of leftover turkey breast & it tasted divine with the turkey broth from the crock pot as it’s base. It was super quick to make & a very healthy, yet filling, dinner idea!
Turkey Noodle Soup
This soup uses left over turkey breast & the broth from the crock pot as the base for this delicious soup! It was super easy to throw together & super healthy. Best of all, my kids gobbled it up!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ounces onion chopped
- 6 ounces celery chopped
- 6 ounces carrots chopped
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups leftover turkey broth can also used boxed
- 4 tsps knorr chicken bouillon
- 16 ounces turkey breast chopped or shredded
- 6 ounces pasta rings any pasta can be used
- Chop onions, carrots, & celery
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat. Cook chopped veggies & garlic until crisp/tender, about 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, basil & oregano & mix well.
- Add the turkey broth (my leftover broth was 4 cups) then add water & chicken bouillon to complete 8 cups of liquid. Add bay leaf, bring to boil, & continue to boil for 15 minutes
- Add in leftover turkey breast, cook an additional 15 minutes
- Add in 6 ounces of pasta of your choice. I used pasta rings because they aren’t very big & are easier for kids to eat. Under cook pasta by about 2 minutes. Serve & Enjoy!