I love a good muffin, even better when the whole family, including my daughter with food allergies can enjoy them. And as an added bonus, they are low in calories!
Dairy Free & Skinny Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are a double whammy! Not only are they dairy free, but they are also made skinny by eliminating the oil. They came together in about 15 minutes & bake for 20-25, so they are super quick & taste great! I made a batch of 24 because my kids will grab a couple for breakfast or snacks so they don’t last very long! I made these dairy free because my 4 year old is allergic to milk, but any kind of milk will work in this recipe. And my husband, who prefers better taste over lower calories, couldn’t even tell these were skinny!! I calculated the calories in MyFitnessPal’s recipe builder, and they each came out to 128 calories.
- 3 cups white all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 12 ozs fresh blueberries
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk *any milk will work here
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- cooking spray & muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, white sugar & baking powder in a large bowl
- Mix the applesauce, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar & milk in another bowl until well blended
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & mix with a fork. I use a fork because you don’t want the batter to be over mixed – just moistened.
- Line 2 regular size muffin trays with liners & spray the inside of each liner with a dash of cooking spray. Since I substituted applesauce for oil, they may stick to the paper if you don’t use cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for roughly 20-25 minutes – until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out with crumbs & not with any batter.
- Let cool about 10 minutes in the pans, then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy!