One of my favorite things to eat with burritos, tacos or anything Mexican inspired is Cilantro Lime Rice! I swear it goes well with anything & is such a nice change of pace from regular white rice.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
I am a huge, huge Chipotle fan. The first time I tasted their rice, it was love at first bite! I have tried many times to recreate their rice recipe at home, but my rice is usually mushy & not fluffy. Well I received the new Instant Pot for Christmas, and it’s rice function works wonderfully! The rice comes out perfect every time! and then I cut down on even more time by using Gourmet Garden’s partially freeze dried cilantro. It is already chopped and ready to use!
- 2 cups white rice uncooked
- 1 tbsps butter or margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large lime juice of, squeezed
- 2 tbsps Gourmet Garden Cilantro
- Soften butter or margarine in microwave
- Add 2 cups of water, 2 cups of rice, salt & softened butter or margarine to Instant Pot. Mix well.
- Select “Rice” Function on Instant Pot. Once it beeps, allow for natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release.
- Squeeze the lime into the Instant Pot. Use a second lime if the first does not have a lot of juice.
- Add the cilantro to the Instant Pot. You can use fresh cilantro of course, just chop very fine.
- Fluff with fork, add more salt if needed & ENJOY!!