My family loves banana bread! Since I always make banana bread or muffins if we have overripe bananas, I decided to mix it up this time & throw in some chocolate chips! It was delicious, with just the right touch of added sweetness!
Choolate Chip Banana Bread
I always buy bananas at the grocery store, but sometimes we do not eat all of them and once they start turning brown, then no one will touch them! I can’t stand throwing food out, so when I have extra bananas, I let them get super ripe, & then make banana bread with them. Chocolate chips adds a fun & sweet twist to a family favorite!
Servings: 12 slices
- 6 tbsp butter or margerine melted
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/3 cups white flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chooclate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Meanwhile, soften the butter or margarine in the microwave. Mix the bananas & butter or margarine together.
- Add the beaten egg, sugar, vanilla & salt to the banana mixture & mix well. Then mix in the flour until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a bread pan. I prefer Market Pantry’s baking non stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan & bake for about 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if it is done. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow bread to cool on a rack before slicing. Enjoy!